05/07/2016 Press release
Appointments to the Executive Committee at Total
As part of the deployment of the One Total company project, a new organization is being implemented at Total on September 1, 2016.
Effective September 1, 2016:
- Philippe Sauquet, currently President, Refining & Chemicals and member of Total’s Executive Committee, is appointed President of the newly created Gas, Renewables & Power branch. He is also appointed Executive Vice President, Strategy & Innovation and member of Total’s Executive Committee.
- Bernard Pinatel is joining Total and is appointed as President, Refining & Chemicals and member of Total’s Executive Committee.
- Namita Shah is appointed Executive Vice President, People & Social Responsibility and member of Total’s Executive Committee. Ms. Shah is directly in charge of the Human Resources division and will also oversee the newly created Total Global Services.
- Jean-Jacques Guilbaud is appointed Senior Advisor to the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Commenting on the appointments to Total’s Executive Committee, Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said: “I am delighted to welcome Namita Shah and Bernard Pinatel to the Executive Committee. After the recent appointment of Momar Nguer as President, Marketing & Services, we have a renewed Executive Committee that, with its diversified backgrounds and experiences, will lead the Group in achieving the ambition set out in our One Total company project. With Namita Shah, the Human Resources function will be represented in the Executive Committee, demonstrating the importance we put on developing the talents to secure our future. After successfully leading the integration of Bostik at Arkema, Bernard Pinatel is returning to the Group he knows well, this time at the helm of Refining & Chemicals, where he was a member of the Management Committee from 2012 to 2014. Philippe Sauquet, who has managed Refining & Chemicals with determination since 2014, will steer the new Gas, Renewables & Power business and spearhead our ambition in these areas, while also leading Strategy & Innovation at the corporate level. Lastly, I would like to thank Jean-Jacques Guilbaud for the role he has played in the Executive Committee as Chief Administrative Officer since 2007 and for his contribution to implementing the One Total company project".
Effective September 1, 2016, Total’s Executive Committee will comprise:
- Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Arnaud Breuillac, President, Exploration & Production
- Patrick de La Chevardière, Chief Financial Officer
- Momar Nguer, President, Marketing & Services
- Bernard Pinatel, President, Refining & Chemicals
- Philippe Sauquet, President, Gas, Renewables & Power and Executive Vice President, Strategy & Innovation
- Namita Shah, Executive Vice President, People & Social Responsibility